The Players' Post Console enables agents and social media managers to more effectively manage the social media publishing of your athletes.
As an agent, you will have access to the Players' Post Console as well as the agent/social media manager version of the Players' Post app.
With the Players' Post Console you can:
- Connect with your athletes and assign them a social media manager.
- Provide them controlled access to your media streams of rights-approved content for their social publishing.
- Send them curated social media posts (in the form of requests) that they can share at the push of a button.
- Request them to create content to provide back to you.
By logging in as an agent/social media manager into the Players' Post app, you can:
- Post to your athlete’s social media pages at the push of a button depending on the configuration you have set your athlete.
- Access Getty Images’ worldwide library of sports photography.
- Access media streams (such as a photo or video highlights of your athletes in competition) provided by your athletes' connections.
- Filter requests sent from connections (ie. teams, federations or sponsors) to the athletes you manage. This allows you to manage social media obligations with your commercial partners in a fast and easy way.
To set up your agency on the Players' Post Console.
- You will receive an email from Players' Post and your agency inviting you to activate your account. Click on the link in the email, authenticate your account using the 6-digit code given in the email, create a password and login to the Players' Post Management Console.
- Connect your personal social accounts from the Settings tab in the main menu. This is not used to post to any of your social pages - it's simply necessary in order to integrate Players' Post with the social platforms to correctly tag pages in requests and media streams.
- You can add other internal users from within your agency. To add another user, simply select Add User in Entity Details contained within the Settings section and fill in the required details. You can either assign them the role of an Admin, Agent or a User. Admins have complete access to all functionality within the console but cannot act as a Social Media Manager for an athlete. Agents are the only User type that can act as Social Media Managers of athletes. Users are limited to adding content to media streams, creating requests, and inviting athletes to connect.
- The final step in setting up your console is to invite your athletes to connect. To connect with your athletes, select Invite Connection from the Network section of the console dashboard and fill in your athlete's details. If the athlete is already on the Players' Post platform, they will receive a connection invitation in their Players' Post app. If they are not on the Players' Post platform, they will receive an email with instructions on how to join. It's a simple process that takes no more than a few minutes.
You are now set-up to connect with your athletes and begin sending them content to share.
The second step is to set you up on the Players' Post Agent/Social Media Manager app.
The Players' Post app allows social media managers/agents of athletes to manage the social posting of their athletes. You can download the Players' Post app from the App Store (iPhone users) or the Google Play Store (Android users). Your login details will be the same as for the console.
If you or someone within your agency manages the social media for your athlete/s, the agent app enables this to happen. To set-up this relationship:
- Go into the Network section of your Players' Post console and select the relevant athlete.
- Click on the Assign Social Media Manager button and select the User (from within your agency) that you want to designate as the athlete's social media manager. Note: you can only assign users that have the Agent account type.
- This will trigger a request to the athlete who will then have to approve the relationship with the social media manager.
Now that the athlete has accepted your (or someone else within your agency) request to become their social media manager, they will appear under My Athletes section of your Players' Post agency app. Before linking with your athlete's social media pages, be sure that you have the Facebook, Twitter and Instagram apps on your phone and are logged in as the admin of their pages. For Instagram, ensure that you have their log in details. To connect your Players' Post app with the athlete's social media accounts:
- Select the athlete from the My Athletes section of your Players' Post agency app.
- Tap on the social buttons to connect with their Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages.
- Depending on who you want to do the posting (you or the athlete), you can then select the publishing relationship you wish to have with your athlete.
You are now all set up to manage the social publishing of your athletes.